Saturday, August 22, 2009

Self-Portait: Portadora de Vida

So here is my first completed photomontage self-portrait. I'd like to decode all of the symbols I've incorporated and explain why I've decided to add specific details, but I think I'll leave it for viewers to interpret. I'll just say this piece reflects the array of changes and emotions I've experienced since learning I was carrying a life inside me.

I'm considering working on a series of these of other pregnant women. If you're interested in modeling and living in/near the NYC area, shoot me an email: RosaDominicana at gmail dot com.













Photomontage on wood with acrylics and mounted copper, mirror pieces, and painted conch shells. 18" x 48".

Photomontage method was taught to me by Keba Konte. Check out his work at www.kebakonte.com.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so so so fucking gorgeous beautiful. oh mujer...it makes me dream

love,

guerrillamamamedicine.wordpress.com

Maegan la Mala said...

Wow that is so beautiful mujer.

Amor

Nadia said...

beautiful :)

lex said...

oh love. this is so inspiring!!!!! thank you. thank you. thank you.

Unknown said...

Beautiful piece Ms, Consciente, beautiful!